UNITED WAY WORKS EVERY DAY TO ADVANCE THE COMMON GOOD BY FOCUSING ON THE BUILDING BLOCKS FOR A BETTER LIFE.
United Way of Mat-Su centers its work around three main building blocks: Education, Financial Stability, and Health for all. By fostering growth and creating opportunities for Mat-Su residents in these three areas, we can ensure a strong, prosperous, stable future for all individuals, and a healthy community at large.
We are committed to ensuring success in all Mat-Su youth, giving them the tools they need to succeed in and out of school. Strong partnerships with the Mat-Su Borough School District, Boys and Girls Club of Mat-Su, the Alaska Afterschool Network, R.O.C.K Mat-Su, and many other agencies dedicated to education allow us to reach students throughout the Valley, setting them up for successful futures.
• Early Childhood Partnership of Mat-Su
• Thrive Mat-Su Youth Retreat & Thrive Varsity
By encouraging our friends and neighbors to research, access and utilize the many resources available to them, we can help them become more financially stable and independent. United Way of Mat-Su is proud to provide grants to agencies throughout the Valley who assist with basic needs, affordable housing, and support residents in improving their lives.
- Project Homeless Connect brings together agencies from around the Valley, led by UWMS, to provide a day of service and fellowship for those experiencing homelessness or housing crisis. Providing for their most basic needs allows them to concentrate on improving their quality of life.
- Our Mat-Su Valley Resource Guide contains vital information on resources to help residents find solutions and meet their basic needs.
- The Pocket Resource Guide is a wallet-sized, one-page list of the most crucial resources for those in crisis.
A healthy lifestyle can benefit everyone, no matter what age! We wish long lives and mental, emotional and physical well-being for all Valley residents.
You may visit or call the UWMS office to receive your FamilyWize Prescription Discount card (provides up to 42% savings on most prescriptions from your pharmacy).
Local youth ages 6-13 are invited to participate in Play60: a partnership with the NFL encouraging youth to get out, move, and try a new activity for 60 minutes each day.